New Horizons Credit Union is here for you, our owners. Your Financial Success Begins Here!
About New Horizons Credit Union
New Horizons Credit Union, Inc. was originally chartered in 1934 as Lazarus Associates Credit Union, to serve the associates of the F&R Lazarus Company. Several mergers over the years have brought the credit union to where it is today. On January 31, 1983 Shillito Associates Credit Union merged with Rikes Credit Union after Federated Department Stores closed the operations of the respective stores. The most significant of these mergers occurred in March 1989 when LAZ/FED (formerly Shillito/Rikes) Associates Credit Union was merged with the Lazarus Associates Credit Union, doubling the size of the credit union. In April 1996 Lazarus Associates Credit Union changed its name to New Horizons Credit Union. In June 1997 the main office moved to its own space in downtown Cincinnati. In 1999 the credit union opened membership to select employee groups which previously did not have credit union membership available to them. The most recent merger occurred on January 1, 2001, when Goldsmith Employees Credit Union was merged with NHCU. In 2008, a new Landen branch was opened in Loveland. The Landen branch was moved to South Lebanon in 2012. On July 6, 2015, branches in 2 Macys Logistics and Operations Centers were opened located in Martinsburg, West Virginia and Portland, Tennessee. Today, the Credit Union is a full service financial institution that has offices in 3 states and nationwide access through the Shared Branching Network.
Select Employee Groups (SEGs)
- Any employee or member of the Dublin Chamber of Commerce.
- Any employee or member of the Gay Chamber of Commerce greater Cincinnati.
- Any employee or member of the Greater Cincinnati / Northern Kentucky African American Chamber of Commerce.
- Any employee or member of the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Greater Cincinnati.
- Any employee or member of the Northeast Cincinnati Chamber of Commerce.
- Any employee or member of the Over-the-Rhine Chamber of Commerce.
- Anyone living, working or worshipping in Cincinnati Central Business District.
- Anyone living, working or worshipping in Hamilton County, Ohio.
- Anyone living, working or worshipping in Perry Township, Ohio.
- Anyone living, working or worshipping in Warren County, Ohio.
- Anyone living, working or worshipping in Washington Township, Ohio.
- AMPCO System Parking (Columbus)
- Al Neyer Inc.
- Architectural Group International, Inc.
- Bradford Wallcovering & Paint
- Capital City Marketing Group
- Cincinnati Country Club
- Clear Creek Furniture & Gifts
- ELS Human Resource Solutions
- Employers Innovative Network
- Hallmark Custom Draperies
- Helen’s Corner Deli
- Kendle Research Associates
- M & S Jewelry
- Nobby Custom Tailors
- Queen City Office Machines
- Roto-Rooter Services Company
- Sigma Capital
- Southside River Rail Terminal, Inc.
- Sports Page Restaurant
- Stoner & Associates
- The Scandinavian Society of Cincinnati Foundation
- Family members of anyone listed above
Anyone working for Macy’s Inc. and it’s operating divisions (all divisions, all locations) including but not limited to:
- Macy’s Department Stores
- Macy's Distribution Centers
- Macy’s Logistics
- Macy’s Merchandising Group